Sunday, July 31, 2011

The "Doors" Are Up!

The "doors" are up in Little Lady's room! I haven't completely finished organizing the inside, but I had to share the "doors"! Especially because this is only my second sewing project! I can finally thread a sewing machine without looking at the manual! I'm really happy with the change. It opens up the space and the fabric is so much more fun than white doors!



I was going to buy metal curtain holdbacks with a bejeweled pink piece on the end, but I figured if my little one is going to be playing in this area I will wait until she gets a little bigger so it isn't something she can hit her head on. For now, a simple curtain tie made out of the valance fabric will work. Obviously, the ties are beyond easy to remove if you want to close the curtains so you can't see in the closet.



Here's a closer look at my fabrics. I wish I had a better picture of the pink. It has sparkles all over it!!!



Super simple project! All I did was connect my fabics to the ring clips on a shower bar! The curtains are still cute if this part shows. I just added the valance for more color! Of course, if you don't want this part to show the valance is a perfect choice!



The "Before & After"! I can't wait for all the imaginative play this thing will bring! When Little Lady closes the curtains the inside can be her little house... or it can be a stage... or a little princess tower... "Let your hair down, Rapunzel!"


2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I wish you could decorate our house :)

    Quick question, do you know anything about decorating with jars? I have three jars that I wanted to put veggies in or something for decoration. I came across a Martha Stewart idea of putting honey and lavender in jars but I don't really feel like buying gallons of honey. You might not know what I'm talking about, I don't know how to explain it!, but just thought I'd ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea, I shared this on COM FB. winks-JEN

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...