I found this super delicious blueberry muffin recipe online at www.allrecipes.com and thought I would give it a try. I'm really glad I did!! D-E-licious!
Ingredients (You probably already have most of them - always a plus!!)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Place 1/3 cup vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Combine with the flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Combine with a fork.
- Sprinkle mixture over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
As a side note: I was only able to get about 10 muffins out of the batter and used only about a quarter of the crumb topping. So, you might consider doubling the muffin mixture and halving the crumb topping. Also, I filled my muffins to the top of the muffin liners so they baked closer to 25 minutes. Hope that helps!! :o)