Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pasta Risotto

So, I thought for my first official post I would share a super easy recipe I make for my little one.

 
I found a book in a baby store before it was time to introduce solids and I loved it, Top 100 Baby Purees by Annabel Karmel (check it out here). The first couple pages are filled with basic food and feeding information and the rest are a ton of recipes broken down by age. Obviously, as your baby gets a little older the recipes change from purees to solids. I totally got into this book. So much so, I never even purchased a jar of baby food. I literally made it all! It wasn't hard and I plan to do it again whenever bambino number 2 comes along.


My baby is now beyond the age of purees, but I honestly can't think of a recipe I made she didn't eat. I still use some of the recipes, but she pretty much eats most of the food we eat now. I love to have this recipe made up and ready to go for an easy snack or lunch.


On to the recipe...


Pasta Risotto
9 months +
Makes 4 portions
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Suitable for freezing


1/2 cup orzo or other small pasta shapes (found in the pasta aisle)
1 small carrot, peeled and diced
1 small zucchini, diced
1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese


Put the pasta in a saucepan together with the carrot, cover generously with boiling water, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and broccoli and continue to cook for about 7 minutes. Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the drained pasta and vegetables, and toss with the butter and cheddar until the cheese has melted.






Noodles are a great source of energy for your baby. You can switch up the veggies too - try peas and corn with tomatoes instead. Yummy!!



Linked With:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...