Sunday, August 14, 2011

Color, Color, Color!

Why is it everytime we work on the house we go right past our own bedroom? Oh yeah, that's right because no one else sees it. Well, that plan works for a while, but eventually, you get tired of seeing the same boring thing everyday. Even if no one else sees your bedroom, YOU still see it!!

Below is the BRUTAL Before. Plain, plain, plain! The grey and yellow stays though... I LOVE grey & yellow!



I'm not an interior designer, I wish! I would have to say one of my favorite designers is David Bromstad. I just love him and his designs! So, like David, I found my inspiration and went from there.   

My inspiration, this painting. It was a wedding present. The sunrise on our wedding day! How cool is that?


I found this fabric at Home Fabrics. It's perfect! Greys, yellows, browns, blacks... The lady at the store was trying to help me find another color to add to my curtains. She kept showing me neutral browns and greys. No, no, no! When I finally checked out with the fabric I picked, I got an, "I didn't expect that!" I knew I was on the right track then. If you know me, you know I hate to be predictable!


So, why did I need another color and what color did I pick?!
 A great navy-ish blue to add as a band to my curtains!

This is what I did:

New bay window curtain rod: This unfortunately, was my most expensive item.
4 new curtain panels: Made by me, cheap - cost of 2 fabrics only.
2 New lamps: Found at Target.
3 additional pillows for the bed: Yellow and grey from Target, blue pillow made by me from my left over fabric. (Obviously, to tie in the blue bands in the curtains.)


 And... we can't forget new puppy beds that match! Also, made by me!


The BRUTAL Before again... just incase you forgot how BRUTAL it was! Did you even notice the great bay window? Probably not!


Check it out now! Such an improvement!! Yay for color and a sewing machine!


3 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of this color scheme! And I love how you made the curtains one of a kind for your room, thanks for sharing! I found your blog through the Craft-O-Maniac link party!

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Such a simple fix for something so annoying before. Great job :)

    Bekah
    beckaboots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like so much the curtains! I like the new image!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...